Sunday, August 25, 2013

Not quite as long a day

Yesterday we took my daughter and all of her "stuff" up to Burlington, VT. For those of you who don't know where Burlington is, it's in Canada, near the north pole.

Maybe even past the north pole, in Russia.

Just kidding, it's in America but about as far north as you can go without actually being in Canada.

It's an eight hour drive for us - 4 hours up and 4 hours back.

She has so much "stuff" that it fills several cars so we loaded her car and my wife's car and headed up there around 8:00 or so. We got there around noon and started hauling her "stuff" into her room.

She is in a townhouse this year with three other young ladies. It's very nice with four bedrooms, a living room, a full kitchen and a dining area.

Then, we all drove back and reloaded her car with the last of her "stuff". We also loaded my son's "stuff" into my wife's car in anticipation of today's trip.

This morning, my daughter got into her car and my wife, my son and myself got into my wife's car and we all headed back north. Fortunately for us, my son is only in Keene, NH which is no where near Canada. As a matter of fact, it's practically in Massachusetts but it's not, it's in New Hampshire which is a state that believes it's citizens know what is best for themselves, unlike Massachusetts.

My daughter continued on her way back up to the north pole while we unloaded the car and my son and his friends all got together ad hauled his stuff up the three floors to his room. That was nice because I'm too old to be hauling shit up three flights of stairs.

He is in a dorm with 7 others which sounds crowded but it's not. There are four bedrooms, two students to a bedroom. They have two bathrooms, a small kitchenette and a living room. And here's the kicker - the dorm has central air. That's right, he is in an air conditioned dorm.

Apparently, my children live in comfort.

*

So now you know what I've been doing.

You might like these links:

No comments: