Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yet another losing lottery ticket.

I bought a MegaMillions ticket yesterday on my way home. This morning I checked the winning numbers and I find that I failed to get even a single number.

I don't know why I buy lottery tickets. I never win anything. I might as well drive by the state house and throw dollar bills at our esteemed governor.

*

The Red Sox won last night by a lot when they beat the Orioles 11-1. And since the Rays lost last night, the Red Sox now hold a two and a half game lead in the AL East. And since the Tigers lost last night, teh Red Sox now hold a half game lead in the American League.

As I said the other day, I can't predict that the Red Sox will win the World Series. I can't predict that they'll win the League Championship Series. Hell, I can't predict that they'll win the Divisional Championship Series.

But you gotta admit they are looking pretty good and I'd be hard-pressed to point to another MLB team that has as good a shot as they do.

*

You might enjoy these:

No comments: