Tuesday, April 18, 2017

It seemed like a nice day for flying.

Before I get to the flying, let me pass on some friendly advice to all of you:
    If a relative or friend of yours goes out and summarily executes an old man at random, you should never use the phrase, "He was a nice guy" to describe him.

    No, he wasn't a nice guy and you look like an idiot for claiming that he was.

    He was a cowardly murderous piece of shit and our planet is better off without him.
This has been today's friendly piece of advice.


I went flying at 9:00 this morning because the Aviation Weather Service listed the winds as being from 320° at 9 kts. Unfortunately, the winds had different ideas and they varied between 0° to 50°. This meant no matter which runway I used, either 14 or 32, I was in a direct crosswind.

Pat, you will be happy to hear that I made one trip through the pattern just to make sure I could still land without incident and I did. Much smoother than last time we flew.

After my one trip around the pattern, I took a nice leisurely flight east to the Quabbin, north to Orange, west to the Connecticut river, south to the city of Northampton and finally into the pattern at the airport where I landed and called it a day.

When I turned west over the Quabbin to head to the river, I took this picture looking south.

The reservoir appears to be filling up quite nicely. There is still some exposed sand bars but nothing like it was last September.

By the way, that large island on the left is the island where they want to reintroduce the timber rattler.


The Red Sox are playing up in Toronto this evening and I will be in my recliner offering them my sage advice via my special coaching television.

While I do that, you should visit these links:

No comments: