Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Way too much going on

My day started with a burned out headlight.

If you've never changed a headlight on a Volvo, good for you. Trust me, they aren't easy and I recommend you go to a mechanic.

I spent at least an hour ripping various pieces parts out of the engine compartment so I could get to the bulb. Once I had access, I was able to find a replacement bulb on my workbench from a two-pack I had purchased last month,

With the headlight all aglow, I could go to Home Depot and pick up the crap I needed to continue my work on the bathroom. Things like drop clothes, shower valve escutcheon (beauty ring around the valve), paint brushes, etc....

I got home and decided I needed to clean the bathroom exhaust fan so I took the grate down and removed the machinery.

This is what I found...

Trust me, it took me about an hour plus to clean that. The dust was concreted into the fan blades and embedded into the motor.

I guess that's what 25 years of bathroom exhaust looks like...

After that, I replaced the cracked shower valve escutcheon.

That was an annoying event since the hex nut that releases the valve handle is embedded into the handle at a weird angel. It took me more than a few minutes to get the hex wrench into the right place to release the handle.

The new escutcheon is not cracked. As a matter of fact, it looks pretty damned nice. This will make my wife happy.

Then it was off to help out my wife's cousin with some work at their house. I removed a messy electrical connection, off-loaded some data from some hard drives and then did a bit of finish work on a fence stave.

Finally. I checked in on my friend Jim who had his knee replaced a month ago.

Now I'm home watching the Red Sox and they are losing.

I have no links for you today. Perhaps there will be some tomorrow.

No comments: