Thursday, May 11, 2017

Gotta love Costco

I woke this morning with a little bit of a hangover but not terrible. I was more tired than hungover because I hung out with John at The Tap Room last night, watching the Red Sox lose and drinking adult beverages. Fortunately they have this thing called ibuprofen and that takes care of headaches quite nicely.

I made a Costco run this morning for a few things and quickly discovered that they have the pills we give The Dog to prevent a recurrence of his ACL tear. It's a pretty common supplement called cosequin and we normally buy it at Walmart in bottles of 60.

Today I found it at Costco in bottles of 180 for twice the price.

That's basically 3 for the price of 2.

I love deals.


Like I said, I spent some time hanging out with John last night. He still hasn't closed on the business but that's because these things are complicated and take a long time to wrap up. All the licenses and permits have been put in his name, so he's just basically waiting for the closing to happen.

Hopefully that happens in the next week.

I like the place that he's buying. It has good food, a huge selection of beers for those of you that drink that yuppie craft beer stuff and a nice crowd of regulars. The waitresses & bartenders are pleasant and there is a generally good atmosphere. They have live local music on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and they usually post who's playing on their Facebook page.


My wife and Daughter have successfully arrived in Sandusky Ohio and are settled in for the night.

After today's 10 hour drive, tomorrow's 5 hour drive to Niagara Falls will seem short by comparison but I'm betting their butts will still hurt.


You should click on these:

No comments: