Saturday, May 6, 2017

Say a prayer for my friend Rich

Several months ago, Rich was diagnosed with a cancer. He was undergoing chemotherapy and doing well until his body decided to hold a revolution and he developed some bad infections.

The other day, he started having trouble breathing and now they have him in ICU undergoing dialysis. That's another way of saying things are breaking down.

He does not deserve this. He is by far one of the sweetest, kindest people I know.

Say a prayer for him. If praying isn't your thing then maybe just think a good thought for him.


I did not have any plans to fly today and I'm glad for that. Man, was it windy.

According to the Aviation Weather website, Barnes in Westfield was reporting wind out of the south (190°) at 20 knots (23 mph) with gusts to 29 knots (34 mph).

That 20 knot wind gives a 15 knot (17 mph) cross wind when landing on runway 14 and that definitely does not work for me. I've set a personal maximum of a 12 knot crosswind. Anything greater than that keeps me on the ground.


I'm pretty sure nothing blew off my house and I was pleased to see I still have my grill cover. I did see someones grill cover blew across the street when I was driving home from the store this morning.

If you can't find your grill cover, it might be somewhere in Hampden or maybe even Connecticut by now.


The Red Sox lost last night but this afternoons game seemed to go a lot better for them.

The Red Sox managed to grab a decent lead in the second inning and hold on to that lead throughout the remaining eight innings. The game ended with the Red Sox beating the Twins 11-1.

I like it when they win.


Here are some links you might like to visit:

No comments: