Saturday, September 11, 2021

Hard to believe it was twenty years ago

I was working at MassMutual and word spread pretty quickly that something bad had happened. A tv was set up and we watched it all happen. My wife was working at American International College and I called her. She was teaching and she ignored her phone but she always knew that if I called twice, something was wrong so she answered.

I told her everything I had seen on tv and that it looked like we were under some kind of attack. I told her to get ready to go get our kids out of school and to get as much money as she could out of any ATM she happened to be near.

Turns out we didn't have any further attacks, we left our kids in school and we all met at home that afternoon.

Scary times but everyone seemed to be ready to help, ready to offer a piece of advice or kind word and ready to fight if need be.

Here we are 20 years later, still dealing with the scars of that day and still trying to figure out what to do about the middle-east.


The Red Sox lost last night.

Houke wasn't at his best last night and the White Sox scored 3 quick runs. When I went to bed in the sixth inning, the score was 4-1 in favor of the White Sox.

When I woke up this morning I discovered they gave it a run in the seventh but just couldn't overcome and the game ended with the Red Sox losing 4-3.

Fortunately, the Rays and the Yankees both lost as well so the standings remain the same in both the ALEast and wildcard races.

Tonight's game starts at 7:00 and I anticipate that I will make it through nine innings. Anything beyond that is a crapshoot.

A kid named Connor Seabold will be the starting pitcher tonight. He was called up this morning and hopefully he is ready for his big league debut. Hell, at this point, I'm betting Cora will be happy if Seabold doesn't test positive with the 'rona.


Not much else to prattle on about. The game is on and I'm already falling asleep.

It's tough getting old...

Here are some links:

No comments: