Monday, September 20, 2021

So much for my retirement plans

So an unknown property development company out of China named "Evergrande" has a huge amount of debt (Actually, it has almost $300 billion in debt) and it's about to go belly up. This caused all the markets to suddenly have a seizure and drop almost two percent. In the case of the DJIA, it dropped 1.8 percent.

Or, as I like to call it, a shitload of money.

I didn't go look at my accounts this afternoon because, well, there's not much I can do with them at this point and rather than be all stressed out, I think I'll just take the old childhood approach where I cover my ears and rant, "I can't hear you! Blah Blah Blah!".

Maybe things will get better in a few days...


We are one week away from the first exhibition game of the Bruins hockey season. They will play the Capitals at 5:00pm on Sunday the 26th. Unfortunately, it looks like the game will not be televised.

That's okay because the Patriots are playing the Saints at 1:00pm and the Red Sox are playing the Yankees at 7:00pm so exhibition hockey would take a back seat anyways.


A friend of mine is a newly minted LTC (License to Carry) holder so I took him shooting the other day. Turns out he has never fired a handgun before and he was a bit nervous. To add to his nervousness was the fact he was shooting my 9mm. Despite what they show you in the movies or on television, 9mm's tend to dance and kick a bit.

Next time he goes, I think we'll go in a different direction and give him a nice little .22 rifle to play with for a bit. That should ease his nerves and get him used to aiming, breathing control and trigger discipline.

It's also a little easier on the wallet.


The Red Sox are on an off-night tonight so I'll probably watch the Rangers/Yankees game on MLB.

While I do that, you should do these:

No comments: