Wednesday, February 2, 2022

I like long lunches

I had lunch today with a friend I haven't seen in two years. We sat down at 11:45 and didn't leave the restaurant until 2:10.

He's a retired FBI agent whose specilty was digital forensics. In other words, his job was to catch bad people doing bad things via their computers and the internet. He's an interesting guy with a lot of interesting stories.

Now I need to set something up with my retired buddies. It's been more than a year since we got together and it's well past time we sat down to bitch about being old and crotchety.


As for the rest of my day, I spent my afternoon and evening at a car dealership with my daughter.

As I said on Monday, her car experienced a problem. Turns out that problem was its death.

So on Monday and Tuesday she drove my car to work. Today I drove her to work and when she was done, I picked her up and we went to the dealership.

She is now the proud owner of a car that she found on the dealer website and that she really wanted. Apparently as soon as new cars arrive on the dealership lots, they are bought so when she spotted this one, we had to go immediately.

She will pick it up on Friday and once again be a happy car owner. Also, I will be happy because I will once again have my car back.


Now you know why this is late and why it is short.

On the upside of things, I am currently sitting comfortably on my couch watch mixed-doubles curling.

While I enjoy that, you can enjoy these few links:
  • This is a terrible idea and it will probably turn out badly for all concerned


  • Why are they “furious”? This is what our world is like now. She should have been fired because, simply out, if anyone other than a liberal black female had said that, they would have been fired. From what I understand about that show, every panelist on it would have been front-and-center in the line to pick out their pitchforks and torches if some conservative white guy had said that...


  • The Small Dog thinks the arrival of the UPS truck is the apocalypse and she lets me know with much gusto and volume.

No comments: