Thursday, February 10, 2022

Luge relay is on my list

Luge relay is a four-person team event that is on my list of sports to watch.

It starts with a female luger. She pushes off and screams down the ice to the end were, at full speed, she takes her hands off the sled and reaches up to slap a thing hanging over the track. That sends a signal back to the beginning of the track where...

A male luger pushes off and screams down the same track to the end where, at full speed, he takes his hands off the sled and reaches up to slap the thing hanging over the track. Once again, the signal is sent back to the beginning of the track where...

Two guys on one sled, one laying on top of the other, push off and scream down the track. When they reach the end, the guy on top reaches up to slap the thing, ending their race and marking their time.

Holy crap, those people are going fast. I'm talking about speeds in excess of 80 mph and they are just inches above the ice. Then, to take their hands off the sled to reach up and slap at a target while going 80 mph is an act of madness.

I love it and I want to do it!


So once again I stayed up too late last night watching sports. I watched the snow cross and didn't go to bed until well after my bedtime. Then I woke up several times during the night because, well, I'm old.

I'll be doing the channel-flipping thing again tonight because there is Bruins hockey, downhill skiing, skeleton and curling.

While I'm doing all that, you can do these:

No comments: