Friday, February 25, 2022

Snowy day

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and found there was about an inch of snow on the ground. By 7:30, there was about 6 inches. I went out and got the driveway cleared so the vet could get to work.

I went back out around 11:00 after the snow stopped & the rain started and got the driveway cleared, again. There was probably 8 to 10 inches of snow and The Beast ripped through without a care in the world.

By 3:00, the rain had knocked the snow down to a depth of about 4 inches.

If the temps drop into the teens tonight, that 4 inches of water-filled snow is going to freeze solid.

I feel bad for anyone that didn't get their driveway cleared. It's gonna be a bear trying to pull in or out of it for the next several days.


I'm pretty sure that Putin has bitten off more than he can chew.

The Ukrainian military is putting up a hell of a fight and the government is giving free AK-47 to all its citizens. That means that not only does the Russian military have to deal with a tenacious military, they have to deal with gorilla tactics being used by the civilians.

I'm guessing Putin didn't do any research on the 10 year debacle in Afghanistan that the Soviets had to deal with back in the 80s.


Speaking of Russia and its decision to attack people, there is a lot of noise on the internet from Russia. They are in the process of scanning the entire internet looking for thing to attack. They are particularly interested in NATO-aligned nations and that includes the U.S.

I have said that I started a small webserver on my network so I can exchange large files with people. Well, that server has been scanned 19 times since Feb 21 from one particular IP address:

That IP address comes back to a company in Russia

My little machine is not a registered device, it has no domain name and its not serving any data but that one guy in Russia discovered it the other day and he keeps poking it.

If your wondering what he's looking for, the answer is a hole in my defenses. He is looking for a way in so he can take control of that machine and use it in whatever cyber attack he is planning.


The Bruins won last night but I didn't know that until this morning. If they win tomorrow, I won't know about it until Sunday. As I've said before, 10:00pm games suck...

Here are today's links:


I'm almost done with my experiment.

No comments: