Sunday, February 20, 2022

Taxes are almost done

Well, technically, my taxes are done. Not only are they done, they've been electronically filed with the appropriate federal and state entities.

After that I sat for a bit with my daughter while she did her taxes. She is perfectly capable of doing her taxes but she learned from her dad that having a second set of eyeballs looking at the tax forms can prevent any weirdness from happening in the future.

Next up will be an attempt at doing my mother-in-law's taxes. I say attempt because her situation changed quite a bit in 2021 and I'm not entirely sure I have the chops to complete her taxes while remaining within the bounds of "legality". We'll see how that goes.

For the record, you would think the government would make it easier for the average guy to do his/her taxes. To be honest with you, why do I have to purchase special software to file my taxes? It should be free for us (all of us, not just the underpaid) to file our taxes.

By the way, we did not have to pay any additional taxes this year. It appears we have our withholding dialed in nicely.


Today is Day 32 of Goofy Joe's "Any Day Now" tour. A quick check of all the news sites reveals:
This has been an update on Goofy Joe's "Any Day Now" tour.


Well, the Olympics are officially over with now and that means I am left with hockey as my sport to watch.

I really hope the Bruins start winning more than losing or I'm going to have to think about picking a soccer team to watch.

I don't want to watch soccer...


While I decide what to watch, you can decide if you want to visit these links:



Ignore this link. I'm running an experiment.

No comments: