Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas Everybody!

To all my christian peoples, I sincerely hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

To all my non-christian peoples, I sincerely hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well because what the hell, why not. My wife has a friend who is jewish and she is married to a christian. He calls the large decorated plant in their living room a Christmas tree and she calls it a Hanukkah bush. I have a friend who is muslim and he sends me a Christmas card every year.


Oh, and if you are wondering, the box wrapped in a giant contractor debris disposal bag I told you about last week contained something I really wanted.

At some point in the late summer, The Vet had a contractor come to her house to give her an estimate on a new roof. She asked me to be there because I'm her dad and it's what I do.

The guy showed up in a small car and the first thing I said to him was, "You don't have a ladder. How are you going to get up on the roof to inspect it?". He opened his trunk, pulled out a one of these:

It's a 12 foot telescoping ladder!

Best Christmas Ever!


Anyways, I just wanted to extend a Merry Christmas to you all this morning.

There will be an update later today.


Update



We had an excellent Christmas and are now in slowdown mode. As a matter of fact, I came pretty close to taking a nap this afternoon.

In case you have never taken a nap, let me tell you that naps are the best thing you can do for yourself.


I have been playing with my new ladder. You have no idea how happy my back is to no longer have to haul that cumbersome extension ladder out of the garage when I want to get up on the roof to clean the gutter. Now I just pick up the telescoping ladder with one hand, place it on the ground and extend each section until it locks.

When I'm done using the ladder, I push two buttons and the steps collapse back down. There are air pistons in the sides of the ladder that slow the descent of the steps so there is a pretty good chance I will not smash my fingers...

Yes, I realize I am easily entertained but let's face it, us old guys like new toys as much as kids do.


I'm going to watch some DVRs and catch up on my sleep.

You can check these out:

No comments: