Thursday, December 29, 2022

They won

Continuing their remarkable season, the Bruins beat the Devils last night 3-1.

I like it when they win


In other sporting newses, the Red Sox lost Nasty Nate Eovaldi to the Rangers yesterday. That is the second starting pitcher they've given up on, the first being Dick Mountain (Rich Hill) who went to the Pirates.

So far, they have lost pitchers Eovaldi, Hill and Strahm. They've also lost Martinez (DH), Cordero (1B), Bogaerts (SS) and Hosmer (1B).

Now I'm not saying they had a great team last season and they should bring back everyone because that would be stupid. They had a crappy team last season so some retooling would be a good idea.

The problem is, I haven't seen very much "retooling" going on. Yes, they have signed pitchers Yoshida, Jansen, Martin & Rodriguez and they are in the process of signing Kluber but they still have a hole at either shortstop or second, depending on where Story plays.

They also need someone to replace that big bat of Martinez and if they are smart they need to commit to Devers with a lengthy contract. They can bring Casas in as their first baseman and hopefully rely on his ability to hit the ball but he's still considered a rookie. Rookies all go through a massive slump during their first few months so he's a wild card

I'm really hoping Bloom and the front office are truly looking to get back on the winning track for 2023 because 2022 was painful to watch.


Got an email from a recruiter today and believe it or not, I decided I'm going to talk to the guy.

I am not sure I want this job or that the employer will want me but I figure it's worth talking to them about it. If it pans out the way I want, I'll be working from home for the most part. If they want me to go in periodically, I will but I do not want to have to go into an office more than once every other week.

We'll see how this goes but I'm certainly not going to leap into a job that I don't like or want. I'm too old for that shit.


No sports tonight. Guess I'll crack open some DVRs.

While I enjoy those, you can enjoy these:

No comments: