Monday, December 26, 2022

Still being lazy

Yes, we are still being lazy and enjoying our Christmas.

Although I will admit to going outside, extending my new ladder and removing some debris from the gutter over the garage. As expected, it was way easier than hauling the extension ladder out and standing it up.


Got the notice to renew my sportsmans club membership last week. This is the last year of me having to pay full price because next year, I get the senior citizens discount!

The one good thing about getting old is that some things tend to be cheaper. Like when Pat and I went golfing last summer at the par 3 course. He paid $16 because he's still a baby and I paid $12.50 because I'm an old geezer.

This summer, he'll qualify for the geezer discount so he's got that to look forward to.


Despite another embarrassing loss on Saturday, I find that the Patriots are still listed as "On The Bubble" in the NFL playoff picture.

As it stands right now, if the Patriots beat the Dolphins next Sunday, they will have the same record (8-8). If the Jets win their game against the Seahawks, they will also have a 8-8 record.

This means that the following Sunday, the last week of the regular season, there will be three teams tied for the final wildcard slot in the AFC.

Unfortunately, the Patriots are playing the Bills that week and if I was a betting man, I would not bet on the Patriots to win that game.

In other words, the Patriots need a miracle to get into the playoffs and I don't think Jones has it in him to deliver a Brady-esque miracle.

Thank goodness for the Bruins...


I'm gonna make some dinner and watch some DVRs.

You can enjoy these links:

No comments: