Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Thank goodness for the Bruins

The Red Sox are making mediocre moves at best and probably will be a mediocre team next season (I'll still watch them), the Patriots are tied with the Jets for last place in the AFC East and will probably finish last in the division (I'll still watch them) and the Celtics play a sport that I can't stand (I won't watch them). That means my only hope for sporting-happiness are the Bruins and they are not disappointing me.

No sir, they are not disappointing me at all.

Last night, they beat up on the Panthers pretty badly, winning the game 7-3.

With 31 games of the 82 game season under their belts, they are currently 7 points ahead of the Golden Knights in the National Hockey League. What is more amazing is the fact they still have a .839 win percentage.

I know this is wishful thinking but if they can maintain their current pace, there is a possibility they will beat the league record of 62 wins currently held by both the Red Wings and the Lightning. That would be pretty amazing. More amazing than the dumb-shit play the Patriots put on to lose their game last Sunday which you gotta admit was spectacular in it's stupidity.

So anyways, I look forward to Thursday at 7:00pm when the Bruins face off against the Jets.


I got to studying up on the congressional committee that spent more than a year and $3,000,000.00 dollars looking into the attack on the Capital and I have formed an opinion.

I am of the opinion that maybe, just maybe, the committee overstepped its charter and turned itself into a grand jury. That is a violation of constitutional law.

They were basically tasked with collecting information about the cause of the attack and coming up with steps to prevent it from happening in the future. Instead, they went on an evidence hunt and issued opinions regarding criminal charges.

They are a legislative body, not a grand jury. They are not equipped to collect and analyze evidence nor were they tasked with conducting a criminal investigation. They were tasked with making recommendations for new or updated laws that would help mitigate the possibility of a recurrence.

I can't help but wonder if they might have actually violated the constitutional mandate of three separate and distinct branches of government, those being legislative, executive and judicial.

Will someone be investigating them?


This is the first year in a good many years that I do not have to go Christmas shopping right up until December 24th and I don't quite know what to do with myself.

I feel like I should be rushing out to the various stores, getting all stressed out and then rushing home to wrap the presents so my wife has something to unwrap on Christmas. It's kind of unsettling

Maybe I'll go shooting...


I have numerous DVRs to watch because in addition to Gold Rush, several other shows have returned to the cablewaves (we used to call them airwaves, but I don't have an antenna). Gold Rush: Bearing Sea, Gold Rush: White Water and Dirty Jobs are all back on TV. My DVR has been dutifully recording all of them so I have quite the selection to pick from.

While I decide on my entertainment for the evening, you can decide on these:

No comments: