Friday, December 16, 2022

They lost

I really thought the Bruins were going to win last night. I went to bed in the middle of the third period with the Bruins up 2-1.

When I woke up this morning, I discovered that the Kings tied the game 2-2 before the end of the third period. The OT period was scoreless and the Bruins lost 3-2 in the shootout.

They still picked up one point for the tie in regulation, keeping them three points ahead of the Knights and four points ahead of the Devils.

Next game is Saturday @ 1:00 when they face off against the Blue Jackets


Yesterday was very busy for me.

I had breakfast with an old friend and when I got home from that, The Professor and I headed out to do some Christmas shopping.

Now, when I go Christmas shopping, I know what I want. I walk into the store, go to the department where the item is located, pick up the item and place it in my shopping cart. If there is more than one item I am interested in, I go get the other items and put them in my shopping cart. Then I go to the register, give the items to the cashier, pay for the items, take them back from the cashier and I leave.

That is how I shop. It is how I have always shopped.

When my wife goes Christmas shopping, she may think she knows what she wants but she does not go get what she wants. She wanders a bit, looking at things that weren't even on her mind when she walked in. And when she finally does find the item she originally thought she wanted, she might not want it anymore because something else has crossed her path that she is more interested in. Once she has collected some items in a cart, she goes to the register but just before she gets in line, she remembers that she wanted to look at something else and she goes back into the store. After several minutes of looking at different things, she returns to the register, gives her items to the cashier, pays for them and leaves.

That is how she shops.

When I shop, it is quick and painless. When my wife shops, it is lengthy and in-depth. Don't misunderstand, she is not a "shopper". She does not spend copious amounts of money or time shopping for items she doesn't need. She just doesn't necessarily stick to the plan when she goes shopping.

Anyways, after that was over with, I had some things I needed to do around the house and completely forgot about this internet thing.


If you haven't seen it yet, here is Trump's "major announcement" from the other day:

Today, he comes out and says they are all sold out.

There are two possibilities here:
  1. His cultists are incredibly gullible.
  2. or
  3. He is lying and he sold none of them.
Personally, I think the odds are just about even that either one of those possibilities is true.


Enjoy these links:

No comments: