Friday, December 23, 2022

Power is out

We lost power around 8:00 this morning and as of 1:00pm, it's still off.

We were having some pretty nasty wind gusts and I thought for sure my neighbors oak tree was going to come down. That thing looked like it was moving a good 20 or 30 feet at its top and I swear I could see the base flexing at the ground.

Like I said yesterday, thank goodness for generators. That generator means we have heat, hot water, lights and a working gas stove so The Professor and The Vet can make their world-class Christmas cookies.

We also have no internet or cable television right now and I doubt that's going to blaze back to life anytime soon. I'm currently connected to the internet via my Verizon phone, which is the worlds a shittiest internet connection.

So anyways, you get an early post that basically says, "Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to bring you a posting today. Should those circumstances change in the near future, we will gladly dive headfirst back into the mire known as 'The World Wide Web' and bring you an update."


Update

According to National Grid, the estimated date/time they will restore my power is tomorrow (Decmber 24th) at 6:00pm

I'm not going to be happy if my power is out all night tonight and all day tomorrow.

I'm also gonna be out of gasoline...


Update, the Sequel

According to the National Grid outage map, my power is still out and won't be restored until tomorrow but I am pleased to report that I have power tonight. As a matter of fact, not only do I have power, I also have internet and cable.

I missed the first 1½ periods of tonights hockey game but I'm pleased to report that right now it's near the end of the second period and the Bruins are up 3-1 over the Devils.

And for those of you that are concerned, yes, I need to go fill my gas cans tomorrow.

No comments: