Saturday, March 4, 2023

I dislike ESPN

ABC carried the ESPN coverage of todays Rangers / Bruins game and once again, ESPN showed me why I dislike them.

ESPN has always been a bunch of New York "homers". They speak highly of teams from New York (Giants, Rangers, Yankees, Nets, etc...) and ignore the achievements of teams from almost any other city. They particularly dislike teams from Boston (Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, etc...).

They admitted that they lied about the deflated football accusation with the Patriots, they dismissed the Red Sox during their 2004 World Series run and as far as they are concerned, the Rangers are the team that will win the Stanley Cup come June.

I really enjoyed watching the Bruins beat Rangers 4-2. It didn't shut the ESPN guys up but they had to grudgingly talk about how good the Bruins actually are.


The Astros / Red Sox game was also played at 1:00 today so I had to do the switching back and forth thing.

The game ended in a 4-4 tie so the Red Sox remain undefeated in spring training play which means they are in first place in the grapefruit league.

I'm still thinking about placing that bet but I need to do it soon before the odds-makers lower the odds.


We have two cats. One of them is afraid of everything and tends to stay by herself until it's time to go to bed. Then she crawls into bed and curls up to sleep. The other one is an outgoing little shit that needs constant attention.

She starts out by crawling up on my right side, between my hip and the table I have next to me.

Then, after a few minutes, she makes here way to the spot between my legs on the other side of my computer:

And finally, after feeling like maybe I'm ignoring her and not paying any attention to her, she digs her way between my left leg and the back of the couch, forcing me towards the outside of the couch. She'll push on my leg until I start petting her.

Have I mentioned that I am not a cat person? I don't really like cats. I don't dislike them but no one in my family has even heard me say, "Hey, you know what I think? I think we should get a cat."


In case you don't believe me when I say I'm old, here is proof that the federal government says I'm old:


I'm pretty sure I have two Gold Rush's on the DVR, one of which is 3 hours long. That should get me through the evening.

You might enjoy these links:

No comments: