Thursday, March 30, 2023

Opening day.

The boys of summer are on the field, Terry Cashman is singing one of my favorite songs and I am reliving some of my childhood memories.

In case I haven't made it clear, I love baseball.

When I was a child / young man, I played hockey (broke my arm), I played football (broke a finger or two and I'm pretty sure I broke my nose), I played golf (never broke anything) but my favorite times were when I played baseball (broke more than a few fingers).

Apparently not only was I an active child, I was also uncoordinated...

Anyways, now that I'm an old guy, I like watching hockey, I like watching football and I like watching golf but man, I love watching baseball.

Also, I find that watching sports results in fewer injuries.


Speaking of baseball, the so-called "experts" have made their predictions again. This year, I decided that instead of making fun of them for their predictions, I would join them:
I guess we'll see how I did come October.


And since we're talking about baseball, let's see what the current ALEast standings are, shall we:

Looks like the Red Sox are at .000 on the season.

Kluber had a crappy outing, going 3½ innings and giving up 5 runs. The bullpen gave up another 5 runs. That means the Orioles had 10 runs. The batters tried but they could only score 9 runs so that means the the Red Sox loss 10-9 this afternoon.

I had higher hopes for Kluber but as everyone keeps telling me, it's the first game of the season against a team that is projected to be pretty damned good.

I'm still wondering about my bet.


I'm going to watch a How The Universe Works DVR and see how an asteroid the size of a city block is going to destroy the United States

While I do that, you can click on these:

No comments: