Saturday, March 18, 2023

Furniture moving

The Vets aunt, my sister, gave her some furniture that consisted of a table, a hutch and a curio cabinet and today was the day we moved them from my sisters to The Vets.

None of it was overly heavy but it was bulky and there was a lot of glass. That means we wanted to move it one piece at a time so there was no danger of things bumbing up against other things. Thanks to my brother-in-law letting us use his giant long bed pickup truck, we were able to move everything in only three trips.

So now all the dining room furniture that sat in my sisters house for the past 20+ years is now sitting in my daughters house.

And I'm quite pleased to say that I came through it unscathed. My back is still straight, my legs are still functional and my hands don't hurt.

Life is good.


The Bruins beat the Wild 5-2 this afternoon, pushing them back over .800 to .801 on the season.

Next game is Sunday at 1:00 against the Sabres.

In a split-squad set of games this afternoon, the Red Sox beat the Orioles 9-6 and lost to the Rays 3-1. I got home in time to watch half the televised game against the Orioles. I'm still considering going to the sports book and putting $10.00 on the Red Sox to win the World Series.

Then again, I don't gamble so probably not.

Their next game is tomorrow against the Phillies at 1:00. Looks like NESN+ will carry that game


After baseball and hockey, it was time to watch some golf. I flipped on the Valspar Championship and watched Speith stay in first place until he gave it up to Adam Schenk in the last two holes.

Tomorrow should be a good final round so maybe I'll watch some of it.


In still other sports, the last of the quarter finals in the World Baseball Classic is at 7:00 tonight when the US and Venezuela will play each other to see who advances to the semi's.

My suspicion is that the US will be going home. Venezuela has a hell of a team.


It's time for this to come to a conclusion.

Here are a few links:


No comments: