Monday, March 20, 2023

They lost to the Pirates!

The Red Sox got beat by the Pirates this afternoon, losing 7-5. On the upside, Turner was back in the lineup and he seemed fine at the plate.

Whitlock went three innings, which is what they planned for him, and he gave up two runs, none of which were earned.

Tomorrow they face the Orioles with Sale on the mound. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch because it's only being streamed on NESN360. Guess I'll just listen to it on the WEEI-AM online stream

The World Baseball Classic semi-final between Japan and Mexico is on tonight so I'll watch some of that.

And speaking of the World Baseball Classic, remember yesterday when I said, "Again, my expectations are not high for the US but they proved me wrong last night so obviously I have no idea what's going to happen."

Turns out I was right, I had no idea what was going to happen. The US beat the crap out of Cuba last night, winning the game 14-2. So having said that, I'm not even going to say anything at all about how I think Japan is going to beat up on Mexico.


I am in full head cold (maybe the flu) mode. I'm pretty sure I got a total of 30 minutes of sleep last night. Between the body aches, the cold sweats and the coughing, I was constantly awake.

I hate being sick.


Time for some baseball.

You can visit these if you want:

No comments: