Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Japan is the WBC winner

The US made it close and it looked like they might tie the game in the ninth but it wasn't to be. Japan won the World Baseball Classic, beating the US 3-2.

So now all the MLB guys are headed back to spring training camps to get in synch with their teammates and start the season in eight days.

The Red Sox will open their season on March 30th at home against the Orioles. First pitch is at 2:10 and Corey Kluber is scheduled to be the starter for that game.

Until then, we have several more spring training games to enjoy, including today's game at 6:05 against the Twins. I know that Houck will be the starter but I have no idea if my buddy Walt will be there watching.


The Bruins beat the Senators last night 2-1 and with that win, I *think* they have mathematically captured home ice advantage for the divisional playoffs.

Then again, if they keep going the way they are going, they'll probably have home ice advantage for the duration of the Stanley Cup.

It doesn't look like there are any teams that will knock them out of first place in the league. The closest are the Hurricanes who are thirteen points behind and next are the Devils who are fifteen points behind.

There are only twelve games left in the season so if the Bruins lost every one of those games, the Hurricanes would need to win seven to take the lead and the Devils would need to win eight to take the lead. If the Bruins win five more games, there is no way anyone can knock them off the top.

Their next game is tomorrow against the Canadians. Puck drops at 7:00


Rumors are swirling around that all of the so-called "Trump cult leaders" are telling everyone to stay home. The reason? They are telling everyone that Trump turned his back when all the people that attacked the capital on January 6th 2020 got arrested they should turn their back on him now that he's getting arrested.

I don't know if that's true or not because that cult is pretty faithful to it's demented leader. I think the problem is they want him to be more specific. Like when he said, "And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore."

I think they want him to say, "Go to the DA's office and fight them!"

Either way, I've got a box of microwave popcorn ready to go because my plan is to sit back & watch while Stormy "Spread 'Em Danno""Daniels gets yet another 15 minutes of fame, Rudy "Do you think anyone will know I dyed my hair?" Giuliani makes an ass out of himself, again, and the idiots of "the cult of Donald" get their butts handed to them by the NYPD.

After that, maybe I'll put on a Gold Rush DVR.


Here is a screen shot of the spam I received today:
As you can see, I've made several payments for things I never ordered, I need to do an "upgradiation" on my slow device and my non-existent McAfee subscription is ending soon. Oh, I also have diabetes...


I need to find something for dinner. After that, I'll settle in to watch some baseball.

Here are a few links that I found for you:

No comments: