Sunday, September 15, 2024

I dislike woodpeckers

They are shitty little birds that have taken a liking to all the houses in my neighborhood.

In my case, every few years I have to go up on a ladder and fill the holes they make in the shakes. Today was that day.

If I find a large hole, I simply replace the entire shake with a new one but if the holes are small, I use expandable foam to fill them.

Fortunately today's finds were all small so this morning I filled them. This afternoon, once the foam had expanded and hardened, I took a razor blade to the excess, smoothed it, sanded it and painted it.

Looks like they were never even there.

I hate woodpeckers. I think I should shoot the little bastards but my wife has stepped in to save their worthless lives. Guess I'll just throw rocks at them...


Today was a picture-in-picture kind of day with the Seahawks/Patriots game kicking off at 1:00 and the Red Sox/Yankees first pitch being thrown at 1:35.

The Patriots lost 23-20 in overtime but it was a hell of a game to watch.

I gotta tell you, I'm not disappointed with Jacoby Brissett. He can throw, he can run, and Hhe seems to captain a good offense. I get the impression that he feels like he has something to prove.

But even more impressive are the running backs Antonio Gibson and Rhamondre Stevenson. Both of those guys move through the defense like Gayle Sayers or OJ Simpson.

Next game for them is this Thursday when they will go to New Jersey and play a team that insists on calling itself the New York Jets. Kick off is scheduled for 8:15.


As for the Red Sox, stick a fork in them, they are done.

They lost 5-2 to the Aaron Judges and are once again at .500.

With twelve games left in the season, they will need a literal miracle to make the playoffs and I'm pretty sure that whatever gods are out there handing out miracles are not really focused on the Red Sox.

They are off tomorrow while they head down to Tampa where this Tuesday they will start a three-game series against the Rays.


Here are some links:

No comments: