Saturday, September 21, 2024

Yes, they lost.

The Twins beat the Red Sox 4-2 last night after twelve innings but I did not see the loss because I fell asleep in the eighth inning.

It's tough to be a Red Sox fan...

In the first third of the season, I was rooting for them to win the division.

In the second third of the season, I was rooting for them to win a wildcard spot.

Now I'm just hoping they finish above .500 and end the season with a winning record.

As of this morning, there are eight games left in the season and they are at .494, two games below .500.

Todays game was supposed to be at 4:10 but it was pouring out in Boston so they postponed it. Tomorrow they will play a double-header.

Oh, and Devers is out for the remainder of the season.


I want to address this piece of spam I received this morning:

In the first place, the Senate does not belong to either the democrats or the republicans. It belongs to us, the people. They can't "take back" something that doesn't belong to them.

In the second place, I want to point out the line:
    First, the number of Americans identifying as Republicans hit its lowest point in YEARS.
It's probably a bald-faced lie. They are probably fear-mongering to incite their cult to donate even more money.

But if it's true, could it be because they have all declared allegiance and fealty to their favorite wanna-be dicatator, Donald "Super Genius" Trump? Could it be because there are a lot of people, independent, republican and democrat, who don't think very much of people like Cruz, a man who remains loyal to a guy who not only insulted him, he insulted his wife as well?


With no baseball to watch, I need to find something to entertain me.

I'm pretty sure I still have a bunch of Gold Rush's.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: