Thursday, September 26, 2024

80-79 = .503

They lost last night but they are still one game above .500.

I really need to see them win two of the three games they have left to play so they end their season with a winning record.

The worst possible outcome is they lose all three and finish with a 80-82 losing record.

A okay outcome is they win one game and finish with a 81-81 record. Not a winning record, not a losing record.

A good outcome is they win two games and finish with a 82-80 winning record.

A great outcome is they sweep the Rays and finish 83-79 which is way better than all the "experts" predicted for them at the beginning of the season.

I'm hoping for a good outcome, will settle for an okay outcome but would love a great outcome.

The Red Sox are heading back to Boston where tomorrow they will start their final series of the season against the Rays. First pitch will be at 7:05 and Pivetta will have the start.

Oh, and I did some research and I discovered that other than the covid-shortened 2020 season, this is the first season in 10 years that no MLB team will finish with 100 or more wins. Every year since 2014, there has been at least one team with 100+ wins.


The Bruins are in Manhattan tonight to take on the New York Rangers.

That means I have something to entertain me.

Puck drops at 7:00


If any of you are sending email to me from an outlook.com domain, I won't get it.

I suddenly started getting slammed with a whole new stream of unwanted emails and all of them originated from outlook.com. My response was to create a new rule that takes any email with a MessageID that contains outlook.com and dumps it into my junk mail bucket.

Microsoft should be ashamed of the way it provides a spam machine to scammers.


Here are some links:

No comments: