Thursday, September 19, 2024

I'm back

On Tuesday morning, we drove to Hampton, NH and checked into a hotel on the boardwalk. Across the street from us was the famous Hampton Beach.

This was what the place looked like on day 1 of our three-day trip:
As you can see, we had the place to ourselves. With temps in the upper 70s / lower 80s, it was perfect for us.

This is a crappy picture of the boardwalk I took the first night. Our hotel room is circled in red:

This was the sunrise we enjoyed from our balcony the morning of day 2:

And finally, this is what greeted us this morning:
That is sea fog. The lightness you see near the center of the picture is the sun.

It turns out that despite living in New England our entire lives, neither one of us had ever been to Hampton Beach. So a few weeks ago we decided to go.
It was a great time, we ate some excellent seafood, we walked for miles on the beach and I am very glad we went during the off-season because I'm betting that place is unbearable during the summer.


My youngest has a new job working for a municpality and he will be joining a union.

This was a text exchange we had yesterday:
We are funny guys...


The Red Sox won last night and are once again back at .500.

They beat the Rays 2-1 last night and I was able to watch the whole game.

Yes, I know they stand little or no chance of getting into the playoffs but I'm still a fan so I'll still watch them.

Besides, maybe something interesting will happen during tonights game. Bello has the start and first pitch is at 6:50


The Patriots will be on Amazon Prime Video tonight and since I'm a Prime member, I'll be able to watch that game.

The Jets are the heavy favorites but I'm hoping Brissett and his receivers can pull it off and beat them.

Since the game doesn't start until 8:30 and I'm exhausted from a lack of sleep over the last few days, I doubt I'll watch the entire game but I'm hoping to last until at least the half.


Here are today's links:

No comments: