Saturday, July 23, 2016

First my lawn died

Now my trees are dying. This drought is one of the worst I've seen. Every time I look at the Doppler radar, I see the storms coming at us and then they split in two with half going north and the other half going south.

We haven't had any perceptible rain in a month and even that was just one storm that lasted about a half hour.

We have several Rose of Sharon trees / bushes in our yard and they all have wilted, yellow leaves that are starting to fall off. Normally at this time of the year, they are all covered in purple and white flowers. Not this year.

If we don't get some rain soon, we are going to be in trouble. It'll be like the desert southwest out here: wildfires when it's windy because everything is dry or floods when it does rains because the ground is so hard that the water doesn't soak in, it just runs off.


You can click on these while I watch the second place Red Sox play baseball:

No comments: