Thursday, July 21, 2016

Tied for first.

Last night, the Red Sox beat the Giants in a wild game. That put them half a game ahead of the Orioles in the ALEast.

As for the new guy, Pomeranz, he threw a pretty good game right up until the 4th inning when he suddenly fell apart. They went into the forth inning with a eight run lead when the Giants scored five runs. They scored two more in the fifth and the score was suddenly 8-7.

The Red Sox ran three more pitchers out to the mound during a crazy fifth inning and for the sixth inning, John Farrell stepped into a steaming pile of 'holy crap!' when Matt Barnes, who hasn't been all that good lately, came out and pitched three scoreless innings like he was the team ace.

The Red Sox managed to score three more runs and the game ended after almost four hours with the score 11-7.

The most amazing part in all of this is that I actually stayed awake long enough to watch the entire game.

This afternoon, the Orioles beat the Yankees, which put them into a first place tie with the Red Sox in the ALEast.

Let's see what happens over the next few days.

Tonight the Red Sox start of a four game series against the worst team in the American League, the Twins and the Orioles start a three game series against the best team in the American League, the Indians.

I'm hoping the Red Sox take all four games against the Twins and the Orioles lose all three games against the Indians. That would give the Red Sox a nice solid three+ game lead in the ALEast.


No more flying for the me this week because I promised my youngest and my nephew I would drive them out to Logan airport so they could go visit another one of my nephews down in North Carolina. Unfortunately, they made flight arrangements without any help from me.

In other words, they picked the cheapest flights they could find, not the most convenient flights they could find.

What does that mean? It means that I will be waking those two gentlemen up at 2:15  Friday morning, jamming them into a car, getting them to Logan for 4:30 so they can catch a 6:00am flight.

It also means I will have a highly messed up sleep schedule and the last thing I want to do when I am sleep deprived is fly a plane.

That, my friends, is a recipe for disaster.


I'm going to watch one or two innings and then fall asleep as early as possible because my alarm is going to go off at 1:30 this morning.

You can visit these if you would like:

No comments: