Friday, July 29, 2016

It finally rained.

For the first time in over a month, we got a nice steady rain. I'm not sure if the lawns will be saved but the gardens seem to be making a comeback.

We'll see what happens with the lawn over the next week or so. If I start to see green poking through the brown, I'll run the thatcher over it and see if I can't help those shoots along.


The Red Sox lost last night. Hell, they lost the last four nights and they are now in third place in the ALEast.

Don't get me wrong, being in third place ain't terrible. They are only one game behind the second place Blue Jays and two & a half games behind the first place Orioles but this is the home stretch of the season. They've played 100 games and have 62 left to play but you can't help but wonder how much gas they have left in the tank.

Pedroia is still healthy but history tells us that could change in an instant, Ortiz seems to have trouble walking, never mind running and Ramirez ends up with a minor injury that sidelines him for one or two games at least once a month.

I'm still holding on to the hope that they will turn it around and become the team they should be, end the regular season in first place in the ALEast and go into the playoffs with the belief that they will win it all.


Tonight's baseball game is at 10:00. This, as I'm sure you all know, is past my bedtime.

I missed last nights game in it's entirety because I fell asleep at 9:30 but I'm going to strive to stay awake until at least 11:00 tonight so I can provide them with 3 or 4 innings of my sage advice.

While I do that, you should visit these fine webthingies:

No comments: