Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Great day for flying

Today was a great day to fly to Block Island off the cost of Rhode Island and I gotta admit, it was a pretty cool flight.

I left Northampton and started my climb to 5,500 by doing a single, wide circle over the airport.

I managed to make it to 3,000 as I turned south and passed through the Connecticut River notch in the Holyoke Range and passed over Westover field at about 4,000

By the time I reached my cruising altitude of 5,500, I was over Ludlow and I was looking directly at my house.

I passed over my house and into Connecticut with Bradley airport keeping an eye on us until we were over Storres. They then passed us off to Providence airport.

Providence (very nice people, by the way) kept an eye on us through to our destination of Block Island.

I landed, taxied to the ramp, set my radios and GPS up for the trip back and off we went.

Read everything I just wrote in reverse and you have the trip back.

It took less than an hour to make the 90 mile trip down there.The trip back was just about an hour because of the winds. All toll, I spent about two hours on the trip and I would do it again in an instant.


The All Star game is on tonight so I think I'll try to watch a little bit of it.

While I do that, you can click on these:

No comments: