Monday, October 17, 2016

I changed my mind

I decided to go fly this morning and I'm glad I did. It was a beautiful morning and visibility was fantastic.

I had originally planned to fly to Keene NH and back just to continue my quest to land at different airports but there was a line of clouds to the north and west. Since I'm not allowed to, nor do I want to, fly through clouds, I decided to limit myself to the upper valley and the Quabbin.

Oh, for the record, it appears that Quabbin is starting to fill back up. I noticed there were fewer sand bars and small islands poking out of the water.

I spent about an hour cruising around Pelham and Sunderland, with periodic returns to the the airport to land because, as I've said before, you should practice landing as much as possible.

After my final landing, I took a walk over to the maintenance hanger and asked if they had looked at the tire that went flat on me when I landed in Westfield on the 5th. They told me they found a hole in the tube on a seam and it appears that there was a slow leak. They said the air pressure with the tube reached a point where it finally let go when I landed that day. That caused the tire to spin off the hub.

So the bottom line is it wasn't anything I did that caused the tire to go flat.

I feel vindicated.


I thought this was an interesting commentary on our current society


I am going to try and watch some baseball just to see what uniforms the Indians will wear.

While I do that, you can visit these links:

No comments: