Thursday, October 13, 2016

Time to start picking up leaves.

I took this picture yesterday afternoon as the sun was setting. It's my neighbors maple tree.


That tree always has the most vibrant colors.


John Farrell has one more year left on his contract and the Red Sox have an option for 2018. They did not pick up his 2018 option but they also did not release him. He will be the manager for the 2017 season.

I'm torn on that decision because it seems to me that Farrell is now what is known as a lame duck. He is in his last contract year with no future with the team.

I'm not entirely sure that Farrell is the right guy to manage the Red Sox because when he was out for half a season in 2015 and Torey Lovullo took over as the manager, the team played better than anyone could have imagined.

I'm not sure Lovullo is the right guy but I'm pretty sure he's proven he's better than Farrell.

On the other hand, if the team is going to stay with Farrell, they should pick up his 2018 option and then extend him for another 3 or 4 years. That would at least eliminate the whole lame duck thing.


While you contemplate the fate of John Farrell, I'm gonna watch some bad television.

If you are so inclined, you can click on this while you are contemplating:

No comments: