Friday, October 7, 2016

Things are not going well

They lost the first game last night and then they went and lost the second game this afternoon. Now they are going back to Boston two games in the hole.

I've tried to remain positive throughout this season, even when they were down and I anticipated that they would make that strong comeback after the All Star break. I even thought that Porcello would overcome the aberration that was last season and turn into the great pitcher he is.

But right now, it's kind of hard to remain optimistic and positive so I'll just recite my baseball mantra that I used to tell my players when I was a coach:
    Baseball is a very simple game. Don't complicate it.
      Catch the ball.
      Throw the ball.
      Hit the ball.
      Cross home plate more times than the other team.
    Got it? Good.
    Now go have fun.

Had lunch with an old friend today and we talked about our kids, our wives and our selves. We talked about the company we worked for and how it's changed over the years. We talked about all kinds of things and it was an enjoyable two hours.

I think we'll do it again.


Not much else to prattle on about so I'll just leave with these links:

No comments: