Friday, November 11, 2016

Fall is my favorite season

Leaves, however, piss me off and make my life miserable.

At 9:00 this morning, my lawn was spotless.

At 11:00 this morning, my lawn was covered with leaves.

I hate leaves.


Thanks to the internet and the phenomenon known as "social networking", I am now painfully aware of how many people are incredibly ignorant of the process our republic follows to elect the manager of the federal government.

We, the people, do not elect the president. The states elect the president and his job is to manage the workings of the federal government, including the military, as well as maintain relationships with other nations.

Jeeezus people, pick up a US history book and read about this fine Republic. You know what the Republic is, right? It's the one we pledge allegiance to when we utter that famous line "...and to the Republic for which it stands...".

It's a pretty simple concept and it might help you to understand why the founding fathers, and most  of the population of the United States, don't want the president chosen by a popular vote.

In the meantime, you kids keep it down and go in the other room, the adults are talking here...


Enjoy these links:

No comments: