Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Yes, I did my leaves

More importantly, the guy that lives across the street, and upwind, did his as well. This means I will no longer have all of his leaves blowing across the street into my yard.

It's the little things in life that make me smile.


As is always the case at this time of the year, I've asked Pat, The Amazing Shopper Man, to go on a quest for me.

And, as is always the case, I expect that in the next few days, Pat will find me what I am looking for. I will first go buy the object of my desire and then I will meet up with Pat and buy him adult beverages.


You may have noticed that the little paragraph breaks I use are changing.

In the original Daily News©, I used a tilde ~ to separate the paragraphs.

Then, when I changed over this format, I started using asterisks * to separate the paragraphs.

After a while, I got bored with the asterisks and decided to use bullets • but since there is no keystroke for that, I had to code it in html (•). Not a big deal and that lasted for quite a while.

At some point in the last month or so, Blogger added a "Insert special character" button to the page where I write this and I started poking around in there.

At first I used a special character from a suit of cards, the diamond ♦

Then, today, I found a different diamond called the lozenge ⧫

I like the lozenge and I think I'll stick with that one for a while.


I spent a little while poking around the internets today and here are a few links I found for you:

No comments: