Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Well that was fun.

I stayed awake long enough to watch the networks piss all over themselves trying to explain how they failed to predict how the vote was going.

The best apoplexy was on NBC when Chuck "I love the sound of my own voice" Todd and Tom "No, I'm not dead yet" Brokaw went off on a tear about how they failed to recognize that the middle-class feels like they've been treated like crap and used as a bottomless piggy bank for the last 8 years.

Funny how that works, isn't it.

This election was not about black or white and it wasn't about young or old.

It was about the middle-class rebelling against this constant beating they are taking. It was about the folks that have spent the last 8 years being told their closely-held values are wrong. It's about the people that get up every morning and put in a full days work and then watch their paychecks get smaller and smaller while the rich are getting richer and the lazy are getting lazier.

I realize that to some folks this is all about politics but trust me, it's not.

If you are a hyper-conservative tea-partyer, take a deep breath and look around you. Not everyone feels the way you do. As a matter of fact, most of us are willing to admit that perhaps there is room for all kinds of people and belief systems in this country of ours.

If you are a fanatical liberal type, take a deep breath and look around you. Not everyone is a member of the "1%" as you like to think. The guy next door with four kids, a mortgage and his own small business is probably employing five or six people and is struggling to figure out why everyone claims there are no jobs because he's been trying to hire three people for the last two months. And he's the one paying the taxes that provide all the services you love so much.

To both of you I would like to paraphrase a great saying I once heard:
    Political beliefs are like a penis. I realize you are quite proud of yours but please don't take them out in public and wave them around. No one really wants to see that shit and besides, you're frightening the children.
Now that I've said that, I'd like to add that our new president had better behave himself for the next four years because if he goes off on some insane Trumpy tangent and gets us into a war with Canada or something like that, people are going to be pissed.


I think I'll leave you with these links:

No comments: