Saturday, November 12, 2016

Once more into the breech.

Once again I have cleaned all the leaves off my lawn.

I know that when I wake up tomorrow morning it'll probably be covered with leaves but dammit, for the entire Saturday afternoon, I had the cleanest lawn in the neighborhood.


Bill Burr is a funny guy:
"She dresses like a real estate agent."

Hah!


In baseball news, Torey Lovullo is no longer the bench coach of the Boston Red Sox. He has left the Red Sox and to take the job as manager of the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Red Sox have brought Gary DiSarcina back into the fold to take the job as bench coach.

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Lovullo was an important piece of the coaching staff so I'm not happy he's gone from the Red Sox. On the other hand, he is more than deserving of a manager position and while I was hoping the Red Sox might offer the spot to him when Farrell's contract ends, I don't see that happening now.

As for DiSarcina, he was heavily involved in the Red Sox minor league system including managing the Pawtucket Red Sox. He has a good record and I'm hoping he will be as much a compliment to Farrell as Luvollo was.

Pitchers and Catchers report in 93 days, there are 103 days to first spring training game and there are 142 days until Opening Day. That is when we will see if Mr. DiSarcina is a help or a hindrance.


Here are a few links:

No comments: