Sunday, July 7, 2019

They swept the Tigers

The Red Sox managed to win all three games in their series against the Tigers. Not a bad way to finish up the first half of the season.

Now most of them are on vacation for a week. A few of them will be going to play in the All Star game which, if you want my opinion, is a bad idea. They should take the down time and relax instead of playing in a meaningless game.

Unfortunately, they are still 9 games behind the Yankees in the ALEast and 2 games behind the Indians in the ALWildCard.

Those are surmountable numbers over the second half of the season but they are in a hole and need to dig out if they want to play in October.

⧫

In other sports news, the US Women's Soccer team won the World Cup this afternoon when they defeated the Netherlands 2-0 in the final.

I'm not a big soccer fan and I'm particularly not a fan of one of the players on the women's team but hey, it's sports so I watched.

⧫

You should enjoy these links:

No comments: