Friday, March 20, 2020

Day 1 of WFH

I've now got a full day of working from home under my belt and I'm not sure I like it. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it either.

I figure I'll save $30 a week on gasoline and I can sleep a little later if I'm so inclined. My wife and staked out our work areas so that we don't bother each other when we are in meetings. She set herself up in her little work office in the living room and I'm staying on my couch in the family room.

I did spend some time chatting with coworkers via Slack but it's not the same as when they are plopped down in a chair in my office with their feet on my desk and we are bitching about something.

It's quiet. Too damned quiet. And I don't feel like I'm being productive, even though I managed to write a some pretty slick code.

I'll probably go in on Monday for a few hours.


The market seemed like it was going to have two days with no loss until that idiot in New York basically ordered everyone to stay home and every business to be shut down.

I'm not sure that will help with anything and it caused a DJIA upswing of 1% to turn into a DJIA decline of 4%

Idiot...


The Red Sox are officially in a world of hurt.

Chris Sale is out for the season (if there is a season) due to surgery on his elbow.

This means they have two starters - Nate Eovaldi and Eduardo Rodriguez. Everyone else on the roster is a reliever or a closer.

They really need Ryan Braiser and those new guys, Martin Perez & Collin McHugh, to step up and build a rotation that can actually win some games.


Here are today's links:

No comments: