Thursday, March 12, 2020

Everybody is shutting everything down

MLB has shut down spring training and they are delaying the start of the regular season by two weeks. The NHL is pausing the season for two weeks. The NBA is cancelling games and suspending the remainder of the season. The NCAA is canceling the playoffs and the PGA has announced the tournaments will go on but no fans will be allowed at the courses.

Not only do I have no idea what the hell I'm going to watch in the evenings now,  the damage to the economy is going to be massive. We're talking billions, if not trillions of dollars that are going to be lost because this doesn't just affect the teams, it affects the restaurants, hotels, souvenir shops, etc... that are around the arenas/parks/fields.

Add to that the hit to the cruise industry, the airlines and all the entertainment venues like movie theaters, broadway theaters, bars, clubs, etc... and you can see why I say trillions.

This is going to get bad...


Speaking of spring training, my buddy Walt tells me he has no idea what he's going to do now. He's actually thinking about heading back here because the only reason he goes to Florida is to watch baseball.

Of all the problems to have, this is not a bad one.


While I figure out my entertainment options for the next few weeks, you can visit these links:

No comments: