Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Very few walkers out today

When I'm working, I take at least two walks every day around campus. Nothing very far, just a stroll to stretch my legs and loosen up my back. Maybe a ½ mile, tops. Now that I'm working from home, I continue to walk at least twice a day, again, just to loosen things up a little.

On Friday, Monday and Tuesday, I saw at least 10 people on each of my walks who were also wandering aimlessly around the neighborhood. It was a constant stream of, "Good morning" or "Hello".

Today, I saw only two other humans on my walks. It was a dad with his little girl who was obviously very happy to be walking with dad. She was yammering non-stop about everything she saw and he was saying, "Uh Huh" while nodding his head.

I don't care what is going on in this world, you can't help but smile at a 4 year old yammering at her dad about the trees and houses.


The virus has reached my town but I'm pretty sure my wife and I are still 'rona-free.

Then again, how the hell would we know. They say you can have it for up to 4 weeks before you have any symptoms. Besides, the tree pollen is out and I'm enjoying my seasonal watery eyes, runny nose and mild sinus headache.

It's my favorite time of the year....


I notice that the news programs are still running their "what's closed" ticker at the bottom of the screen.

Why are they running that? Isn't everything closed?

Maybe they should be running a "what's open" ticker.


I'll try to be less wordy and stop myself right here.

Enjoy these links while I watch game three of the 2013 ALDS. For the record, I'm pretty sure the Red Sox lost that game but that's okay, I'll still watch:

No comments: