Sunday, March 22, 2020

No more spills (kinda)

I managed to change the oil on the remaining three machines today without spilling any. Well, almost any. I did lose an ounce or so from the snowblower but that's because the drain is located right behind the drive linkage and the oil initially came out, hit the linkage and flowed down the side of the catch pan. Fortunately I was able to quickly move the catch pan so only a little bit hit the floor.

I know that I'm a bit of a fanatic about the oil in my small engines but trust me, the best thing you can do for a small engine is change the oil on a regular basis. Spending $4.00 and a half hour of time twice a year will save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in repair or replacement costs.


I paid $1.87 per gallon for gasoline yesterday.

But....

Since I have no place to go, meh, no big deal.


I have just discovered that starting this Monday, NESN is going to rerun the 2013 Red Sox playoff games and the 2011 Bruins playoff games. The Red Sox playoffs will be on at 6:00 and the Bruins playoffs will be on at 8:00.

My life just became a little less boring.


I can't help but notice that the number of scam phone calls and spam emails I'm getting have dropped drastically since the coronavirus started making it difficult for people to cluster in large groups. I suspect that means the "call centers" and email factories in Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Jamaica and Haiti may have been forced to shut down.

Hopefully they stay that way.


Because I'm a little bit odd, I've been doing research on this whole coronavirus thing and I found this very interesting document from 2007 that pretty accurately describes our current situation. It goes so far as to identify the starting point of the pandemic with the line:
    The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb.
Maybe it would be a good idea for our alleged "leaders" to go to the University of Hong Kong, find Vincent C. C. Cheng, Susanna K. P. Lau, Patrick C. Y. Woo, & Kwok Yung Yuen, and ask them what they think we should do. They've obviously spent time looking into this disease and maybe they know more about it than our current President.


Here are some links:

No comments: