Saturday, March 21, 2020

Had a small oil issue today

My plan today was to change all the oil in my machines, starting with my lawn tractor.

Normally, changing the oil on my tractor is quick and painless. I put a tin pan under to drain, twist the drain to unlock and open it and let the oil run into the pan.

This is what the drain looks like:


Unfortunately, the the little slots you see on the side were jammed with dirt and I could not get it open. That meant I had to remove the drain from the engine and when I did that, 2 quarts of old oil spilled all over my garage floor.

So anyways....  two hours later, two quarts of 5W-30 motor oil and one new oil filter and I am ready for the summer.

Tomorrow will be the push mower, the snowblower and the generator. Those all have old fashioned oil drains that require a wrench to remove but don't spill old oil all over the garage floor.

Oh, I need to buy some more kitty litter because there will be more spills in my future and when it comes to oil spills, kitty litter is the best stuff for cleaning it up.


We made a trip to the grocery store today and there is still no toilet paper.

Somebody has a shitload of toilet paper and I hope they choke on it.


Enjoy these links:

No comments: