Thursday, October 15, 2020

Not much of a post tonight

During my now-famous 8 hour stay in the ER last month, they took a CT scan that showed some things my Primary Care Guy is concerned about. He scheduled me for an MRI and it was today at 5:00pm at Baystate.

If you are unfamiliar with having your innards magnetically resonated, it starts with fasting for at least 4 hours. If you know me, you knwo I hate not eating.

An MRI usually takes about 45 minutes from the time you are pushed into the machine until they slide you back out. Prior to that, they jam a needle into your arm so they can feed your body something called "contrast" to help highlight things.

For the record, I fell asleep but only for a minute. Those machines are very, very loud and while my ability to fall asleep is world-renowned, noises wake me up.

So anyways, because of an emergency of sorts, my 5:00pm appointment was pushed back until 6:00pm and I got out of the machine around 6:50. I got home at 7:30, ate some food and now I'm watching the Rays / Astros game.

I would like to point out that getting old sucks and I've about had it with tests. If this turns out to be nothing, I'm going to tell my primary that's enough, no more tests. I'm sick of tests, I'm sick of being stuck with needles (I also had a blood test this afternoon) and I'm sick of waiting in small rooms.


Okay, I'm done bitching. Here is a link or two:

No comments: