Friday, October 30, 2020

Yes, it snowed

Unlike 2011 when an October snow took down all the trees and knocked out our power for 10 or 11 days, we didn't have any trees come down. I heard one crash down in the woods nearby but that was the only one. My next-door-neighbor lost a branch on one of his maple trees and my backyard is filled with leaves but we never lost power and the roads didn't freeze up.
I would say we got about 3 inches on the grass and on my car that was parked in the driveway but it didn't stick to the my driveway or the roads.

All-in-all, not a bad first snow.

My sister down in North Carolina decided to remind us that she doesn't get snow. She sent us this today:
She's a funny sister, that sister of mine.


Today is The Veterinarians birthday so we are celebrating with chinese food.

In our world, you are entitled to eat whatever you want on your birthday and she chose chinese food.

Personally, I think she made a good choice. One can never go wrong with a nice batch of crab rangoons.


According to WBZ and the Boston Globe, the Red Sox have contacted Alex Cora multiple times since the World Series and his suspension from baseball ended.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Cora being brought back to Boston. As a matter of fact, I think there is a good possibility that the Red Sox organization feels the same way and they are only speaking with him out of courtesy.

The man was at the center of the Astro's cheating scandal that resulted in them "stealing" the World Series in 2019 and I think that should give pause to anyone looking to hire him as a manager.

Yes, he has good baseball skills and the players all seem to respect him & love playing for him but in the back of everyone's mind there is going to be the idea that maybe the Red Sox are cheating. Maybe he has dreamed up some scheme that no one has caught on to yet.

There is a possibility that ownership doesn't want that stigma hanging over the team. Then again, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they don't care about that. Maybe Cora is a reformed manager and can be trusted to play the game without cheating.


Enjoy these links:

No comments: