Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Why did they cheat?

I've been watching the Athletics and the Astros play baseball for the last three days and I can't help but wonder why the Astros felt the need to cheat during the 2019 season. They are a good team, they play the game well and they seem to have fun doing it. What made them think they needed to cheat in order to win?

I don't understand it.

Oh, and by the way, just because I think they are a good team doesn't mean I trust them. Watching them play, I keep listening for the telltale sound of a trash can being struck just before a pitch is thrown.


There was not a lot of news today that didn't involve Eddie Van Halen dying, Johnny Nash dying, Trump "feeling great!" or Hurricane Delta getting ready to roll into Louisiana (there's a shock) and since I find all of that boring (well, maybe not Johnny Nash dying. I liked him), I didn't read up on any of it.

I find not reading the news makes my day go a lot smoother.


We had 40-50mph winds this afternoon and I have three things to say about that:
  1. Man, what a ride!
    We had tree branches coming down in our woods like rifle shots. I thought for sure my fence was going to get taken out. Fortunately, that did not happen.

  2. We did not lose power!
    My daughter and I moved the generator out of the garage and onto the back porch earlier today in anticipation of losing power.
    Fortunately, that did not happen either.

  3. Whoever is responsible for running the Emergency Notification System at Spectrum is an asshole.
    Just as the weather dweeb was about to tell me about the pending storms, the Emergency Notifications System kicked in, shutting him off and warning me that New Hampshire was under a severe thunderstorm watch. I live in southern Massachusetts. I don't care about New Hampshire. I care about Hampden County Massachusetts. But I didn't know about the incoming storm in Hampden County because Spectrum shut the weather guy off and told me about New Hampshire.
    Assholes...
Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield. Today we were the windshield.


Feel free to click on these links:

No comments: