Saturday, March 6, 2021

No baseball today

The Twins / Red Sox game got cancelled due to rain today which I found to be a little upsetting.

For the first time since last Monday, the game was going to be carried by NESN. I was all happy and stuff to watch it and I actually got to see 2 innings before the rain hit.

Oh well. Tomorrow is another day and NESN will carry the Braves / Red Sox game at 1:00. Then at 5:00, they will carry the Bruins / Devils game.

Tomorrow is the day I will get my sports fix.


There is a movement to remove certain movies because they depict racist or sexist scenes.

I think that if you are encouraged to become a racist because you see Fred Astaire dancing across a stage while wearing black face, you were a racist to begin with and Fred didn't push you in that particular direction.

I think if you are encouraged to be a sexist pig because you see John Wayne spank Maureen O'Hara and then march her into the bedroom, you were a sexist pig to begin with.

I think if you are offended by a movie from 1946 because it depicts the Japanese as slant-eyed murderers or the Germans as evil Nazis, you should not watch that movie.

I think everyone needs to remember that movies are created in the time and judging them as good or bad using our particular societal norms is a terrible idea.

This afternoon, I watched a movie from 1969 called Support Your Local Sheriff. It depicted James Garner as the witty hero, Walter Brennan and Bruce Dern as blundering thugs, Harry Morgan as the sneaky yet well-meaning town mayor, Jack Elam as the comedic foil and Joan Hackett as the attractive yet ditzy love interest. I enjoyed it thoroughly. You should watch it if you ever get the chance.

Sometime in the next few weeks, I'll be watching the follow-on from 1971 called Support Your Local Gunfighter.


Baked cod crusted with bread crumbs, a side of rice and a side of mixed vegetables make for a decent dinner.

Now that I've finished it, I'm looking for some links for you.

Here's what I found:

No comments: