Wednesday, March 31, 2021

No sports today

It looks like the Red Sox have an opening day roster lined up. It's still not official but from what I can tell, the 26 man roster for opening day is:
CatchersChristian Vázquez
 Kevin Plawecki
1st baseBobby Dalbec
2nd baseKiké Hernandez
ShortStopXander Bogaerts
3rd baseRafael Devers
UtilityMarwin Gonzalez
 Christian Arroyo
OutfieldFranchy Cordero
 Alex Verdugo
 Hunter Renfroe
DHJ.D. Martinez
StartersEduardo Rodriguez (on the DL)
 Nathan Eovaldi
 Garrett Richards
 Martín Pérez
 Nick Pivetta
 Tanner Houck (until Rodriguez comes off the DL)
RelieversMatt Barnes
 Adam Ottavino
 Hirokazu Sawamura
 Darwinzon Hernandez
 Josh Taylor
 Matt Andriese
 Garrett Whitlock
 Austin Brice
 Phillips Valdez

That is a pretty good roster and as long as they can keep the injuries to a minimum, they should be a pretty formidable ball club.

And yes, I know I've listed 27 players but that's because I'm betting that Rodriguez will start the season on the DL. He has a "dead arm", whatever the hell that is, and that means Houck will be brought up to take that slot in the rotation until Rodriguez gets his arm back in shape.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's 2:10 start.


The Bruins managed to beat the Devils in a shootout last night, so that was nice. With that win, they managed to stay in fourth place in the east.

Despite the game having three regular periods, two overtime periods and finally a shootout, I'm happy to say I managed to stay awake for the whole thing.


I'm going to feed the critters, set about making dinner for the humans and then find something to entertain me this evening.

While I do that, you should see if any of this stuff interests you:

No comments: