Saturday, March 27, 2021

Winning day

The Red Sox managed to overcome a 4 run deficit and beat the Pirates 7-4 today. Also, the Bruins managed to overcome a 1 goal deficit and beat the Sabres 3-2 today.

I didn't watch either game because I spent my afternoon with my wife, working in the yard.

And since it was a very nice day, working in the yard seemed like a batter thing to do than sitting on my hungover ass watching television.

I'll do that this evening...


I have a mainframe running in my basement!

Actually, I have a mainframe emulator running on a raspberry pi in my basement:

Yes, I'm a bit of a nerd but that's okay. Who else do you know that can connect to a TSO session and run jobs on a tiny mainframe?

I'd forgotten how much I missed working on the mainframe.


As I mentioned previously, I'm a little hungover today. I suspect it might have something to do with the number of adult beverages I consumed at Tommy's last night.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't drink a lot but I'm not 25 anymore and it doesn't take a lot of beers to give me a headache the next day.

Once I get two or three good nights sleep in me, I'll be right as rain.

And if any of you understand why rain is considered right, let me know because I've never really understood that folksy saying.


I'm going to watch some DVRs and fall asleep early.

Here are some links:


No comments: